Aug 15, 2004
HELLO I RECENTLY TOOK A HOME HIV1 TEST AND IT CAME BACK POSITIVE WHAT ARE THE PERCENTAGES THAT IT COULD BE CORRECT.ALSO WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE. MY HUSBAND IS ALSO HIV+.HES ON MEDS AND THINKS I NEED TO BE I DON'T THINK SO.HE WAS DIAGNOSED IN JAN OF 04.PLEASE HELP.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You need to have this test confirmed by another screening antibody test and confirmatory western blot test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
- Symptoms Of Herpes Sores Or Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.