about drug in take

Dear doctor,

isn't that we should take hiv medication for life time (i mean constently whole life non stop), than why and when do we stop taking the medication? after treatment by having a high number of CD4 count, if my doc dicide to stop drug intake won't that stop will lead to drug resistance or is that the case if stop taking all medications togeter that will not lead to resistence ?

please help me to clear my doubts !

thank you for your time

The value of stopping medications periodically or completely in those with good immune systems, is still being worked out. Stopping all medicines together when you have an undetectable viral load does not appear to result in resistance appearing in the virus that comes back.

is anyone asking the right questions?
POS.HOME TEST