is anyone asking the right questions?
Aug 15, 2004
for people with indetectible viral loads off meds, is anyone asking how they were infected? it would seem obvious to me that people with naturally lower viral loads were infected with a lower dose of virus.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I don't think it works that way. The level of virus in the recepient is a function of their immune system's ability to contain the virus, not how big the inoculum was.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Lymph Nodes Look Like With Hiv?
- I Have Severe Symptoms Of Acute Hiv Infection After 4 Weeks
- What Type Of Headache Do You Get With Acute Hiv?
- What Is Hiv's Affect On Cbc?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Getting Hiv Body Fluid On A Scratch
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.