viral load

My viral was 171 went up to over 1000 in 3 mnths. I felt that the jump was a mistake had my blood drawn 2 weeks later. My viral load went from then 1000+ to undectable. Is this normal? I have since had my blood drawn again and waiting on the results. If in fact the undectable is correct. Do you have any ideas what happened? I also changed doctors after I got the first 1000+ results. If in fact it was the lab what should I do? If anythimg.

Unfortunately sometimes we see this, and for the most part there is no explanation. Sometimes other acute infections, or recent immunizations could cause these kinds of acute increases. You were correct in having it repeated. Significant elevations would have been sustained.

Low CD count
Timing