Clinical Correlation between symptoms and CD4 counts?
Jul 25, 2004
Dear Dr. Holodniy -
I don't know if this is an ongoing area of study, but do you know if any work has been done to correlate the WHO clinical staging of AIDS with specific CD4 count levels, or to test the accuracy of the clinical staging in detecting the progression of the disease? I am particularly interested in finding out if this has been studied in children.
Thank you, A US medical student going overseas to do clinical research
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Off the top of my head, I don't have an answer to your question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Topping Without Condom?
- Does HIV Cause Black Spots?
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.