Protein in urine

Dear Dr. Holodniy,

At first let me give you many thanks for your endless and patient work which helps to many people. My question: Could be higher level of proteins in urine caused by HIV because of higher level of protein in the plasma or is it caused more probably by some kidney or urine pipe infection ?

I wish you the best of all and once again many thanks for your work.

HIV infection can cause increased amounts of protein in the urine, probably as a result of primary infection of kidney cells within the kidney. It is not caused by increased protein in the blood. Other causes could be the result of other infections associated with HIV or certain HIV medications.

HIV - 1RNA copies/ml
VL & CD4 results during clinical study