High CD4 /very low VL actual Lab results

Hi Doctor Holodniy, Thanks for your reply to my earlier question. (I tested +ve 1 month ago. My CD4 count is 1005 & Viral load 1HIV RNA/ml What does this mean? Assay used for VL can test minimum of 400 copies/ml. How recently could I have been infected? My partner is -ve. How accurate is ELISA? Is it possible for PCR to detect HIV at 1copy/ml?) Her are the actual lab results: WBC 8.90; LYMPHOCYTES 34.3%; LYMPHOCYTES ABS 3.05; CD3 1755/cmm; CD4 1005/cmm; CD8 718/cmm; CD4:CD8 1:4; HEP A&B,SYPHILIS ALL -VE. VL PCR HIV 1RNA copies/ml. My DOc says my labs are good and on seeing the VL results sent me to the lab for another HIV test. This also +ve. All the HIV tests run have been ELISA. I've read that a +ve ELISA should not be used without WB to confirm an HIv +ve status. What would you advise in this case. My DOc has suggested a repeat VL in 6 months & CD4 count in three. Is it really possible for ELISA to test +ve when one has infection other than HIV? At about the time of 1rst test I'd had throat infection for about a couple of weeks so I was coughing, but thats been gone for almost 3 weeks now. what would you advise me to do now for confimation?

I don't understand the viral load result. There are no commercial tests that report values of 1 copy/ml, if that is what you are saying. The current cutoffs are < 50 copies/ml for many assays and a few are at 75 or even up to < 400 copies/ml as the cutoff.

Which HIV meds have broader anti-viral properties?
these #'s are making me crazy