Which HIV meds have broader anti-viral properties?
Jul 19, 2004
Do any of the HIV meds show promise or efficacy as broader antiviral agents...similar to how alpha interferon can be a broad based antiviral? (I don'tmean just for Hep B, but beyond...).
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Almost all HIV meds are HIV-1/2 specific. However, there are a few that have activity against HTLV 1 and 2, which are also retrovirus cousins of HIV-1.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- What Are Some Effects To Having Std?
- What Are The Effects Of Estrace Cream On A Pap Smear Or Hpv Screen?
- What Is The Best Medication For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.