High CD4 /very low VL
Jul 14, 2004
I tested +ve 1 month ago. My CD4 count is 1005 & Viral load 1HIV RNA/ml What does this mean? Assay used for VL can test minimum of 400 copies/ml. How recently could I have been infected? My partner is -ve. How accurate is ELISA? Is it possible for PCR to detect HIV at 1copy/ml?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I could not understand what the viral load level was from your question. If you were saying 1 HIV RNA/ml, I am not sure what that means. THe current assays cannot measure accurrately down to one copy. You can't really determine from this information when infection occurred.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
- Will My Body Carry The Hpv Virus Forever?
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.