Which type of Viral Load Test to Take

I started HAART about a year ago while in the acute stage. My viral load has been undectable since then. My doctor has advised me that I do not need to be getting the ultra viral load test every 3 months and recommends using the 1st generation test (less accurate) only every 6 months and alternate between the two tests. Prior to starting HAART there was no genotype of phenotype testing done so I don't know if I have a drug resistant HIV strain. I have been adhering to my medications (Combivir & Sustiva religiously).

Do you think it is better to be getting the ultra test every 3 months? (I have good insurance so cost is not really an issue to me.)

If cost is not the issue, stick with the ultrasensitive test. I would be curious to know what his rationale for this strategy would be.

histopathology question
Lab work