<50 vs. <400?
Jul 4, 2004
My HIV specialist tests to <400, not to <50. Since I'm on a nonstandard first-line regimen (Trizivir alone -- with ideal results, <400 in less than four weeks) should I request the more sensitive test to stay ahead of possible resistance?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
My recommendation would be to use the more sensitive test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- List Of Opportunistic Infections
- Truvada Side Effects Rash
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- How Soon Can U Get Tested For Hiv After Sharing A Needle?
- Nystatin Not Working Thrush Mouth
- What Is The Longest It Takes Hiv Antibodies To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.