|The meaning of BASO abs
May 22, 2004
Could you please explain what BASO abs is? My reading was 0.2 which seems to be high. Should I be worried?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Basophils are a type of white blood cell that is involved in fighting infections and in allergic reactions. They usually make up < 1% of white blood cells. That number is not high.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching Used Condom How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Unprotected Vaginal Sex And HIV Transmission Risk
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Licking Nipple?
- Are Enlarged Lymph Nodes An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Chills Could I Have AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.