|AST 145, ALT 79
May 1, 2004
I recently had blood work done and my AST was 145 and my ALT was 79. My doctor had me then undergo an untrasound of my liver and he said the reults of that test were fine. How could this be if my AST and ALT are so high?. What is the problem then?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Many things can result in these enzymes being elevated, which would not necessarily be seen by ultrasound. These can include medications, recreational drugs, alcohol, infections, among others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Does Gonorrhea Cause Cervical Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.