May 1, 2004
After being infected, 4 years ago, I started meds because my CD4 was 139 (12%) and VL 85300. In 3 months CD4 is 444(22%) and VL undetectable. But the results showed a macrocitose. Please doctor, what do you think about these results and what does macrocitose mean? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Macrocytosis is a term meaning large red blood cells. It can occur as a result of vitamin deficiencies like B12 and folate, excessive alcohol use, or it can be the result of HIV drugs like AZT.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Find Out If You Have An Std?
- What Does It Mean When You Are Exposed To A Std?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sharing Cigarettes?
- Had Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Came Inside
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.