|What do CD8T/s mean in the big picture?
Apr 26, 2004
I read that CD8 T cells can play an important role in either the progression or non-progression of HIV. However I can't remember if it is a high number of CD8 that is considered good b/c they help to fight with the CD4 T Cells or lower. If you have CD8T cells at 800 is that considered good? CD4 cells are at 1000 and on sustive/combivir for 1 year.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Usually the higher the better with respect to CD8 cells, but not necessarily in all cases.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Elisa
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.