Apr 26, 2004
Dear Dr. Mark:
Is it the same exact lymphocyte subset that responds to vaccination that also responds to HIV infection? ie., Antibodies to Hep vax are generated by the same mechanism and cell types as are antibodies to HIV infect? Or does dynamic of vital infection act differently? thanks...
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The same kinds of cells required to elicit an immune response to a vaccine are those that are required for an immune response to HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore On Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Groin Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- How Do You Know If You Have Coated Tongue?
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.