Hep C Enzyme Levels
Apr 26, 2004
I was tested for HIV, Hep A, B and C while I was incarcerated. I tested neg. for HIV but was informed that I had been exsposed to Hep. A, B and that I had Hep C. My enzyme levels were in the high 300's maybe 378? The medical person informed me that enzyme levels in the 70's or 80's was considered high, I don't ever feel sick, although my liver hurts when I am withdrawing from drugs (heroin), this is the only time that my liver bothers me. I know that I should quit using and plan too but do you think that my enzyme levels are indicative of a serious liver problem (besides hep C)?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It sounds like a combination of HCV infection and drug use are causing more injury to your liver than just HCV alone.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Vagina A Sign Of AIDS?
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.