Do removed lymph nodes advance HIV infection?

I hope you can help me because I am scared to death.

I tested positive for HIV in mid-March. I went in for medical care right away. My doctor says my vl is 7000 and my CD4 level is 280. I told him I tested negative for HIV as recently as December 2002, but he says my numbers indicate I have had the disease for "many years".

Before I was diagnosed, another doctor thought the swelling under my chin at my throat was a cyst or a tumor and he had it removed.

My concern is that the removal of some swollen lymph nodes may have actually hurt my cause and put me farther down the road to advanced HIV infection. How possible is the scenario I've already built up in my head?

Extremely unlikely. One presumed lymph node removal will have no impact on your immune system's capabilities to contain the virus.

Twice, huge differences between labs/T cells and Abs Lymphs a week apart
Can you please elaborate on the new immune functionality test s you mentioned?