|VL AND T_CELL COUNT
Apr 5, 2004
I did my labs last month and t-cell were 247 and vl undectable went back in a month and did labs and t-cell is 221 and vl 382 i been using street drugs for about 6 months on and off. is there something i should be worried about. this is the first time it is happened and that i been undectable. i was told it takes 3 times for it to spike to be a trend. Is this something i should worry about? thank you for your time in this matter.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A single increase could be a "blip", but that will require another test showing you are now undetectable. If on a repeat test it is still up or more elevated, then it is probably real. Some street drugs can also cause stimulate the immune system causing HIV production to go up and the viral load to increase
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth During Seroconversion
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.