Apr 5, 2004
You answered an earlier question and refered to CMV infection, what is that?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is one of the herpes viruses and usually causes disease in patients with reduced immune systems like transplant or cancer patients or those with AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Causes Trichomoniasis Vaginitis?
- What Can Treat Recurring Shingles?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Chlamydia Disease?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.