How long for VL to go undetectable
Mar 28, 2004
Hello Have been on meds for 5 months, CD4 up from 110 to 450 VL down from 500 000 to 8000. Is this OK? how long should I wait to go undetectable, should I change my combination? Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
8,000 is a little high after 5 months of treatment. I would suggest repeating the viral load and if still at that level, getting a resistance test. A regimen change or modification may be in order here.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Blood Test Detect Gonorrhea?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
- Syphilis Chancre Sores And Tea Tree Oil
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Brain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.