what does it mean when lab results show high cytomegalovirus
Mar 28, 2004
recent hospital stay showed my cytomegalovirus is high and 5-nucleotidase is high? what does this mean ? as far as I know I don't have hiv or herpies. Help
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Cytomegalovirus is a virus in the herpes virus family. 5-nucleotidase is a liver enzyme that when elevated in the blood, indicates some type of liver injury. This could be related to CMV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
- Severe Back Pain And Vaginal Bleeding
- Can A Strep Test Be Positive For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.