Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Viral Load

Whenever I read other people's stories, it seems that their viral loads are consistently less than 10,000. My viral load is over 100,000. My CD4 is almost 600. I feel fantastic. I thought that I was infected only 18 months ago. Could I be seriously wrong? Is it likely that I have been infected much sooner?

Everyone has their own set point of viral load. This means the CD4 count and viral load levels where your immune system and the virus are at equilibrium. Although your immune system is in good shape now, by virtue of having that level of viral load means that the virus will at some point begin cheewing up your t cells at a faster rate. Only time and more points on the line will determine what the slope of the trajectory will be for you.

A good combination?
Which is more important?