| A good combination?
Mar 28, 2004
Is Viread plus ddI plus Sustiva a good combination? I'm sensitive to these three but resistant to AZT and 3TC. I take Viread, Sustiva, and Kaletra now with VL less than 50, but I am growing wary of the high triglycerides, cholesterol and now possible glucose intolerance. I was wondering if it would be wise for the substitution of ddI for Kaletra. Thanks. Terry
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That 3 drug combination is very potent. Any substitution is best made when the viral load is undetectable. ddI and viread can be given together. THe ddI dose needs to be somewhat lower when given with viread.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Have Kids If You Have An Std?
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.