Mar 18, 2004
My platelets are hovering in the 17-25 range, viral load is 12,000 and t-cells at 580-620. My t-cells are to high for anti-virals and prednisone has no effect on increasing platelet counts. Are there any other options on increasing platelets?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Two other possibilities include a trial of infusions of gamma globulin or splenectomy (removal of the spleen).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Urine?
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Woman's Breast?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.