Mar 15, 2004
I have heard various ideas on what is considered a high viral load. My viral load has gone from 20,000 to 122,000 in six months. I am not on meds because my CD4 is nearly 600. Should I be alarmed that my viral load is jumping so significantly?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A viral load of 122,000 would be considered moderately high. The change would also be considered significant and outside assay variability.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Dry Cough Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.