is there a formula?
Mar 15, 2004
Hello and thanks for your time! The reason I am asking, is my cd4 and vl tests have been canceled or lost some how. My last cd4 was 17.9 and cd4 abs was 755. vl was 3407. this was 06/19/03. The only test I got back on 01/05/04 was the vl 23731 with a log of 4.38. also what is a log? I have all other blood work, from every 3 mo's I have been poz since 05/02 hiv and hcv. Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A log is a base 10 way of expressing absolute numbers. So 10 would be 1 log, 100 would be 2 logs, 1000 would be 3 logs and so on. So your viral load of 23,731 was transformed into logs with a log number of 4.38.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.