autoimmune Hep C
Mar 2, 2004
I have Hep C and a biopsy of my liver showed abnormal cells. My doctor is testing me for autoimmune Hep C. What does this mean?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Autoimmune hepatitis is another disease entirely. It is important to make the distinction since interferon can make the autoimmune disease worse. However, you can have both diseases. Actually hepatitis C can cause some autoimmune type findings. The blood tests should be able to distinguish the difference. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Eye Floaters?
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.