|different viral load test methods?
Mar 1, 2004
I just got back my latest lab results.. I have a viral load track record of 37,500 > 17,500 > 12,300 and 14,400 from the latest test. However, my lab has started a new "more sensitive" testing method and in addition to the 14,400 figure they also gave me a number of 79,300... The test was made from the same blood sample.
Can there really be such a huge difference (five-fold) in viral load results depending on the method used??? As for my CD4 counts they have been constantly ranging between 283 and 303. I have not started medication yet...
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Hmmm... It would be a bit unusual, unless they were completely different methods.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.