Blood Collection Time

I have had 2 blood tests in the last 12 months where the blood draw was at 9:00 AM and arrived to the lab 8 hours later. Both times my CD4 absolute and percent have been considerably lower than other times when the blood arrived to the lab a lot earlier than 8 hours. Can the way the blood is handled and the length of time it takes to arrive at the lab effect the results? In my case it was a difference of about 80 absolute and 6 percent both times. Other times it was very stable. Thank You

It is unlikely that this time delay alone would have resulted in such dramatic changes.

wbc/lymph
Undetectable to 89