Jan 18, 2004
does hiv1 and hiv2 also determine how much virus you have? do they determine how much will it take to bring your body down?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Antibody testing only indicates presence of infection. A viral load test must be performed to determine the amount of virus present and response to treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get An Hiv Test After Having Sex With One Girl?
- Can Yeast Infection Be Mistaken For Genital Warts?
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Cold Sores?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Causes Hpv Other Than Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.