Jan 18, 2004
does hiv1 and hiv2 also determine how much virus you have? do they determine how much will it take to bring your body down?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Antibody testing only indicates presence of infection. A viral load test must be performed to determine the amount of virus present and response to treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Will Happen If You Have Sex While Having Hpv?
- What If I Have A Low Level Of Hpv?
- What Happens If Gonorrhea Is Left Untreated?
- What Causes Hpv Other Than Sex?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.