Jan 18, 2004
does hiv1 and hiv2 also determine how much virus you have? do they determine how much will it take to bring your body down?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Antibody testing only indicates presence of infection. A viral load test must be performed to determine the amount of virus present and response to treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Foods To Eat And Avoid With Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Shingles?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.