|difference between RNA and DNA detection
Mar 15, 2001
Under standing the difference between what they test for, which has the potential fo greater accuracy in early use?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
They are not approved for HIV diagnosis. However, based on limited retrospective data, perhaps a slight advantage to plasma RNA testing. This however, is not conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Accuracy Detection Rna Dna Hiv Tests
- Do Hiv Patients Keep A Slightly High Temperature?
- Hiv Problems In Africa
- Can Someone Be Hiv Positive For Many Years And Not Know It?
- Why Does The Risk Of Contracting Hepatitis C Increase With Multiple Sex Partners?
- Can You Contract Hiv From Having Unprotected Sex If The Male Does Not Come Inside His Partner?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.