T cells went way up - could the 'flu vaccine 2 weeks before account for this?

Dr. Holodniy, My doctor did a T cell subset 2 weeks after I had the 'flu vaccine. My CD4 count was way up (from 900 to 1,500) and CD4 percentage from 34 to 50. My CD4/CD8 ratio also shot up from .9 to 1.5.

The prior T cell results were from 3 months before.

Would having the T cell subset done 2 weeks after the 'flu shot explain why my CD4 number and percentage went so much higher? If so, can you please explain why it does this and how long one should wait after a 'flu vaccine?

Thanks and happy holidays.

The published data in HIV infected patients around this issue is conflicting. Some studies show increases and others show decreases. This probably relates to the different populations and timing of samples. The change in CD4 count and viral loads with a real influenza infection or vaccine are dependent on what someones CD4 count and viral load is, whether they are on HIV treatment. Such an increase is probably related to immune activation/stimulation after vaccination, which is what you want your immune system to do.

'flu vaccine/effect on CD4 count?
Antibodies