labs and flu shot

Hi --- Today, my doctor gave me a flu shot, and also gave me a referral to a dermatologist for removal of anal warts. Then, he gave me my lab forms and told me in the next few days or week, it is time to get my CD4 count and viral load tests done again. Was this irresponsible of him after giving me a flu shot (which I've read will lower my CD4 and raise viral load) and knowing I have this possible HPV problem?

You don't indicate whether you are on HIV treatment or not, and whether you have an undetectable viral load. If your VL is undetectable, then it probably won't matter that much. If you are not on treatment and/or your VL is detectable, then it could change your numbers. We usually give them the flu shot the same day as they are getting their labs.

Confusing: so many different types of primers in EIA tests
HIV detection from routine labs?