|Confusing: so many different types of primers in EIA tests
Dec 5, 2003
Dr. Holodniy, What are the most sensitive and broadly reactive (for all HIV-1 subtypes) primers for an ELISA test?... I have read conflicting information, some say recombinant proteins, others say whole viral lysate and others still say synthetic peptides.
I would appreciate your clarification.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Primers are NOT used in EIA tests. EIA tests utilize proteins or antigens to detect antibodies. Primers are small pieces of DNA that are used in molecular testing to detect HIV RNA or DNA in a sample, NOT antibodies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Five Different Types Of Aids Symptoms
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.