Delta 32 gene
Nov 30, 2003
How far has research gone on Delta 32 Gene in the "Cure" of HIV/AIDS? Can we expect good news soon?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although a mutation in this coreceptor gene has resulted in some interesting epidemiology findings about protection from infection or lowered rates of progression, I am not sure this finding will ever be exploited for a cure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Black Spots Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Ars?
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.