Delta 32 gene
Nov 30, 2003
How far has research gone on Delta 32 Gene in the "Cure" of HIV/AIDS? Can we expect good news soon?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although a mutation in this coreceptor gene has resulted in some interesting epidemiology findings about protection from infection or lowered rates of progression, I am not sure this finding will ever be exploited for a cure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Having Fever After Dry Humping
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After 11 Months Symptoms Persist
- How Many Minutes Will Hiv Virus Survive Outside The Body?
- I Had Protected Sex With A Prostitute
- Symptoms As Early As 6 Days
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.