|CD & VL
Nov 30, 2003
I learnt of my status on 24 January 2001 and my labs have been as follows VL - Feb 01, May 01, June 01, April 02, Feb 03 and Oct 03 - 560, 638, 532, 300, 300 and 2350. CD -483, 425, 341, 709, 410 and 452. I am not happy with my last results of VL 2350. Before the tests, I had a flu shot 3weeks earlier. Can this have been reason for the high VL? I am not on any meds. I suspect to have been infected in 1993.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Possibly. In patients not on meds, viral loads have been known to increase by 10 times or more after a flu shot. They usually go back down to baseline levels within 4 weeks or so.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Neuropathy An Ars Symptom?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.