Beta 2 Microglobulin test
Nov 29, 2003
Dear Doctor Holodniy,
I know that the Beta2 Microglobulin test is no longer used very much - but, if it shows elevated levels, is this a fairly good indicator of HIV disease progression? Also, in addition to being used as a surrogate marker of HIV progression, what other diseases does this test help diagnose?
Many thanks for your expertise and time.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is elevated in too many diseases to mention and should not be used in the diagnosis or monitoring of HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Rash Mean I Have Hiv?
- Hairy Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- White Bumps On Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.