|O.D. RATIO IN LAB RESULT
Nov 29, 2003
MY BEST FRIEND TESTED POSITIVE FOR HIV-1 TWO WEEKS AGO. HE IS WAITING FOR THE RESULTS ON THE CD4 COUNT AND VIRAL LOAD. HIS REGULAR BLOOD TEST RESULTS SHOWS AN "O.D." RATIO OF 7.21 (THE NORMAL RATIO IS <1.00. UNDER THE FIGURE, THE DESCRIPTION OF THE O.D. RATIO READS: "ANTIBODY LEVEL RELATIVE TO NEGATIVE CUTOFF" WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? 7.21 IS MARKED AS A HIGH RATIO. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It means the test is positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Can Macrobid Cure Chlamydia?
- Soreness On Penis Tip After Sex Std Sti
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.