|O.D. RATIO IN LAB RESULT
Nov 29, 2003
MY BEST FRIEND TESTED POSITIVE FOR HIV-1 TWO WEEKS AGO. HE IS WAITING FOR THE RESULTS ON THE CD4 COUNT AND VIRAL LOAD. HIS REGULAR BLOOD TEST RESULTS SHOWS AN "O.D." RATIO OF 7.21 (THE NORMAL RATIO IS <1.00. UNDER THE FIGURE, THE DESCRIPTION OF THE O.D. RATIO READS: "ANTIBODY LEVEL RELATIVE TO NEGATIVE CUTOFF" WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? 7.21 IS MARKED AS A HIGH RATIO. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It means the test is positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Stds?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Is A Brownish Discoloration Vaginal Discharge Means You Have A Std?
- Can You Get Hiv From Blood On A Door Knob?
- Can You Have Molluscum Contagiosum And Not Have Growths?
- Cbc Tell If I Have Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.