|what is heteroduplex mobility assay and phylogenetic analysis?
Nov 16, 2003
Dr. Holodniy, Could you please explain in layman's terms exactly what a heteroduplex mobility assay and a phylogenetic analysis are? How are these tests done to diagnose HIV and how do they differ from the usual PCR and other tests performed by commercial labs?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
These tests are NOT used to diagnose HIV infection. Most often they are used in research to determine and compare different subtypes of HIV virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Can Keflex Treat Chlamydia?
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.