Nov 16, 2003
Hi, Thanks for your time. During a normal blood test, my WBC was found to be 2.1. Another test after 3 months showed the WBC to be 1.9. The docter mentioned that HIV could be one of the several causes, and i did a test and i am waiting for the results. Question1 : what are the causes for low WBC? Question2: Is HIV infection a likely cause for low WBC? Other CBC results were normal
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Many dieseases, including several kinds of infections can result in a low WBC. It is a very nonspecific finding.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
- What Stds Causes Penis Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.