400 and 50 cutoff PCR
Mar 15, 2001
The PCR with the 50 copy sensitivity is not available to me; however using EFV/AZT/3TC I have been below the 400 copy test for over a year now. Will not being able to access the 50 copy test compromise the success of treatment? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your CD4 count is, or if there has been any trend up or down in the cell number. The majority of people with stable CD4 counts and viral loads of <400, have viral loads of <50. If the regimen you state was your first one, than you have over an 80% chance of being < 50. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.