Easy ?(s)

Dr. Holodniy,

Is it common for Liver Function Test levels to fluctuate? I was diagnosed with Acute HBV in early August (jaundice, HBsAG +, IGM Core +, HBeAG +, ALT 5000, AST 3000). My GI has ordered a LFT every two weeks and my ALT and AST have dropped to normal range recently but my last test showed a slight increase from my previous test two weeks ago (ALT has risen to 48 from 37). Note - I coverted from HBeAG + to - and HBeAB - to + in mid-September. I'm still waiting/hoping I will covert to HBsAB positive soon.

1) Is it common to see a rise in ALT levels this late in the recovery?

2) Does the 6 month marker for diagnosis of Chronic HBV begin at time that symptoms begin to show or at time ofinfection?

3) Is it common/possible to have a relapse of the "e" Antigen?

Your time is much appreciated.

1. I would not consider that increase of any significance. 2. Diagnosis can be as long as 6 months after infection. Some people develop signs and symptoms and lab evidence way before 6 months. 3. Possible, but unlikely.

Ts-Hiv/hep.c
Allergies and T-Cell Counts