Ts-Hiv/hep.c

I am a transsexual woman and I have aids and Hep.C. The virus hasnt been detectable now for 2 years since I have been taking TRIZVIR. My T-cells are at approximatley 300. I am scheduled for my operation in May 2004. I have all the necessary papers from the experts and etc. My question is. What can I do before the operation to increase the count of my t-cells. Friends have suggested taking aloe vera, B 12 and lots of Zink. I am an american living in Germany and my operation will be here. I would be forever in your debt and truly appreciative for any tips you could give me. P.s. I stoped taking hormones a year ago due to Hep. C and my liver.

The suggested remedies you mention will not hurt you, but there are no controlled trials to determine if these things increase t cells. You don't indicate what your baseline CD4 count was prior to treatment. Judging from you current CD4 count after a couple of years of treatment, I suspect it was pretty low. The addition of HCV infection probably contributes to the fact that your CD4 count is not higher. Some people have advocated using interleukin 2 (IL-2), which is t cell growth factor. IL-2 can dramatically increase and sustain higher CD4 counts. Whether those CD4 cells are a functional as before is the subject of many ongoing studies.

Your Opinion re: Treatment during Acute Infection
Easy ?(s)