Urgent- Sharp increase in VL

Can you explain these results to me: In Aug 2002 CD4 346 VL/23000 Nov, 2002 CD4 333 VL/71000 Jan 2003 CD4 271 VL/2800 June 2003 CD4 271 VL/51000 Sept 2003 CD4 301 VL 116,000 with a CD of 12.6

During these times there were no apparent underlying illnesses or sickness. I am especially concerned about the last result and the double increase in the VL. What does this mean?

i am currently recovering from a bout of gastroenteritis and only had fever/chills, and weakness for about a day and a half and constant diarrhea which has now subsided. Took panadols and drank lots of fluid. This is working and I am feeling a lot better. I am generally in good health

My doctor says the increase is indeed significant but my CD count is still good. I am still concerned about my health and the sharp increase in the VL which obviously could mean something is going on inside. Please help Des

The major inconsistent result is the one viral load of 2,800. Viral load can vary by 2-3 times. Thus, the difference between 51 and 116,000 is within assay variation. If you are not on meds, a bout of gastroenteritis could result in a brief increase in viral laod.

vl blip?
very low CD4 count