vl blip?

i was diagnosed positive aug '01 and immediately began a regimen of kaletra, ziagen, and epivir. within 6 months my viral load was undetectable. it has remained undetectable except for 2 different occasions this year - in feb and in oct. in feb my VL was 261 and it soon after measured <50. four tests after also measured <50. but my last test measured 380. is that a bit large to be considered a blip? what could be the cause of these blips? i am very adherent with my medications, missing at most 1 dose a month (of 60). thanks for your time.

If there is such a thing, it would be considered in the realm of blip range. I would not be too concerned about this as long as your CD4 count and percentage are remaining stable. It is not clear as to the real reason of these blips. Part may be assay variability and part may be mini bursts of virus (although this has not been proven).

re IMMUNE SYTEM RECOVERY
Urgent- Sharp increase in VL