Nov 9, 2003
My CD4 is 430 and VL is 9760, and both are remaining steady after three labs.
Different doctors have given me conflicting information regarding possible length of time infected and probability of developing AIDS over the next 5 years. What are some thoughts?
Neither doctor has endorsed treatment at this time. Opinions?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is very hard to determine length of infection. I agree with the no treatment decision. Given those numbers, your risk of progressing to an AIDS defining illness in the next 5 years is < 5%.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.