|high VL & AIDS
Nov 9, 2003
Dear DR. Holodniy, My brother was diagnosed hiv+ 1 yr. ago, he did not start meds until He almost died on us in august when he was hospitalized w/ PCP. now he is on combivir & sustiva. he recently took a blood test & vl is over 700,000. this worries me. his cd4 was 19 when he had pcp. can he still reach an undetectable stage and can his cd4 rise also? or is he too late in progression?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
To answer your last questions, on an appropriate regimen, he can elevate his CD4 count and get his viral load undetectable. I am missing some information though. What was his viral load prior to starting HIV meds and how long has he been on this regimen?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.