newly diagnosed

My HIV test in 7/00 was negative but I was tested positive in 1/01. My cd4 count is 475 and my viral load is 75,000. I heard a theory regarding newly infected persons and high initial viral loads as a result of the system reacting to the new virus. I have also heard that this spike in viral load can be temporary as a result of the new infection and can stabilize over time. Are you familiar with this theory? Thanks.

This is no theory. It is indeed fact. During acute infection, the viral load can be 10-100 times higher. Once antibodies develop, the viral load decreases to a "setpoint" within about 3-6 months that is different in every person. MH

conflicting doctors
Best regimen to determine resistance for phen/genotype testing.