cd4 and V/L

I found out I was HIV poz in May 2002, I have been on treatment for over one year now, but my cd4 count is still so low, 110, when i was told i had hiv my cd4 count was 30 my VL 210,000,when my vL up to 400, cd4 was 190, my doctor has to changed my drugs, now my vl is undetacteble, cd4 is 110,my drugs are, Delavirdine mesytlate, Stavudine-aslo kown as d4T, Indinavir, Ritonavir,Saqinavir mesylate. last few moth I always got sick, dirrhea, health seems get very bad, lost lots weight, from 72kg to 60kg, nearly like last year 55kg.do I need changed my doctor or drugs again? how important my cd4 ? Many thanks.

The CD4 count is very important marker of how significant your immune system has been damaged by HIV and what risk you have for opportunistic infections. Given your count of 110, you are currently at such a risk. Although it sounds like you have had a good viral response to that regimen, this seems like an awful lot of pills to be taking on a daily basis and is probably the reason you are having GI symptoms and weight loss. You might want to ask your doctor about simplifying your med regimen, to reduce interactions and pill burden.

VL Question
Viral load and CD4